After a 7 year road racing hiatus and 12 year lay-off from track racing to raise three kids, Dana burst into the PA road racing scene with a resounding win on Mother's Day, 2010 at Norristown Farm Park. This race was the launching pad to a new racing career and in 2012 Dana claimed 5 Master's World Championship Titles!
As a coach, Dana understands the need to balance the craziness of life and her mantra, "Perfectly imperfect” allows her to give herself a break, relax, just a little, on the bike and share her experience and insight with her athletes.
Dana has been an athlete all her life and has also coached high school cross country and collegiate field hockey. Coaching and educating athletes for over 8 years, Dana couples her experience as an educator with a detailed understanding of sport and fitness. With her background in teaching and experience in bike racing, she is a natural coach. This is evident when you observe her leading a class or communicating with clients. Dana’s coaching philosophy is quality versus quantity and her specialty plays into her strengths when coaching athletes that must balance a busy personal and professional life.
Dana is a USAC Certified Coach, and she holds a B.S. in Secondary Education-Biology from the University of Maryland (go Terps!) and an M.S. in Education from McDaniel College.
Athletic Career Highlights
- 2014 2 x Master’s World Track Champion - Sprint & Scratch Race
- 2013 Master’s World Champion – Sprint
- 2013 Women’s Elite PA BAR Champion
- 2012 Women's Elite PA BAR Champion
- 2012 Women's 35+ PA BAR Champion
- 2011 5 x Masters World Track Champion
- 2011 3 x US National Masters Track Champion
- 2011 PA Woman's Rider of the Year
- 1996 4th US Olympic Trials, Points Race
- 2001 2nd overall MABRA (D20) Elite BAR Champion
- 1995 MABRA (D20) Elite BAR Champion
- 1995 MABRA (D20) Elite Criterium Champion
- 1994 MABRA (D20) Elite Time Trial Champion